Industrial 21t Wagon Triple PackPIR-001 • by Planet Industrials
These wagons have been produced in 00 gauge, exclusively for Planet Industrials by Accurascale.
Introduced in 1950, almost 14,000 of these mineral wagons were built for British Rail. Two basic designs were used, both having twin side doors and one end door in their 21ft 6in long bodies, mounted on 12ft wheelbase under-frames. The 21 ton wagons were closer to their 16 ton predecessors in height, and lasted longest both in production and in service. Many saw extended lives in industrial service.
Our dark grey and orange livery is inspired by the internal user wagons at Grimethorpe Colliery in North Yorkshire, however due to their plain livery they could be adapted for use on your own industrial layout. The pack will contain three individually numbered wagons.
It is possible to customise them with our transfer packs (such as PIC-001 or PIC-005) to add additional markings. We will also offer a new transfer set, to be included free with any purchase of multiple packs, enabling up to 9 wagons to be renumbered in the same numbering style. They will suit weathering, yet still brighten up your industrial layout!
- 1/107 diagram wagon
- Spindle Buffers
- Oil Axle-boxes
- Two doors on either side of body and another at one end only for end-tipping
- Pack of three wagons, each with individual numbers, builders plates and wagon labels
- NEM standard coupler pockets
- Narrow tension lock couplers included
- Metal 3-hole disc RP25 profile metal wheels on metal axles with 14.4mm back-to-back and 26mm over pinpoints
- Designed for easy conversion to P4 and EM gauges
- Extra fine factory-fitted detail plastic parts and sprung buffers
Available now from stock.
Please note this is a scale model for adult collectors and not intended for children under 14 years of age.