P6 Hopper - 1901-1904 Pre-Grouping: NER Grey - Triple PackACC2817 • by Accurascale
Thanks for signing up for restock notifications!
There was an error signing up for restock notifications. Please try again.
P6 Hopper - 1901-1904 Pre-Grouping: NER Grey - Triple Pack
8 plank, 15 ton Diagram P6.
- Two types of end stanchion tooled: NER wooden or LNER metal ‘T’ bar type from 1925 onwards. After 1926, the bottom sections of any remaining wooden stanchions were removed.
- Side chains were fitted to NER Northern Division examples until 1916 and have been catered for.
- Five types of axle-box: 3A Grease, Iron-Oil S1 (9" x 4.25"), Iron-Oil S2 (9.5" x 4.25"), No.3 (10" x 5") & S4 single (10" x 5"), all of which have been tooled.
- Differing brake arrangements tooled: Morton single shoe per wheel pattern brakes and Morton Cam pattern (diagonally opposed).
- Handbrakes can be end, or side fitted, with two types of side handbrake arrangement catered for.
- Body ends will feature the removed central section of bottom plank for Northern and Central Division incline hauled hoppers, as well as the Southern Division solid end.
OVERALL DESIGN SPECIFICATION
- Die-cast metal chassis with plastic body.
- Scale length of 80mm over headstocks for all four types, 30.67 wide for P6 and 32mm for P7, P8 and Q3.
- Wheelbase of 42mm, allowing operation over a minimum radius of 371mm (1st radius set-track).
- Tooling covers three different body designs, with regional and era variations for each.
- Brake blocks fitted and aligned with wheels.
- RP25.110 chemically blackened OO gauge split spoke wheels, set into blackened brass bearings and conforming to accurascale standards of 14.4mm back-to-back on 2mm axles over 26mm pinpoints.
- Eroded metal, plastic and wire detail parts, including (but not limited to) handrails, grab handles, side-door handles, lamp brackets, brake gear, draw gear and anti-friction gear.
- Representation of internal body detail
- Turned metal sprung buffers.
- Small tension locks fitted, set into small, self-centring NEM housings.
- Authentic livery, markings and numbers, accurate to time period modelled.